The first Missionary enterprise of the Diocese, organized as its Home Mission, was started at Adoor in 1903. This was during the episcopate of Bishop Hodges, A decade of strenuous evangelistic work was amply rewarded. In 1914 there were 9 stations with 321 Christians. In the course of thirty years the field widened and the number of stations increased to 20 with a total membership of 2600. Two primary schools and a weaving school were started in 1945. Most of the people were backward in this area.