Temporary ‘Light House’ Erected as Part of Bicentenary Publicity
Remembering the ‘Arrival of the First CMS Missionary, Rev. Thomas Norton, in 1816, in Allepey Sea SHORE’…and as part of the CMS Missionary Arrival Bicentenary Valedictory Publicity, a temporary ‘Light House’ (functional) was erected as the Sastri Road Jn., Kottayam. We have no words to thank Rev. Samuel Oommen (Chairperson), Adv Anoop Varghese (Convener) and Mr. Ray Mathew, who toiled hard to make this possible. Young blood, Appu Kurian Thomas and a committed team assisted all the arrangements. And of course, one cannot forget Mr. Jobo Thomas & ALFA OPTICALS, for sponsoring the ‘Light House’.
The Rt. Rev. Thomas K. Oommen, ‘switched on’ the ‘Light House’ at around 5:00 PM on Oct. 15, 2016 in the presence of Shri. Jose K. Mani (Member of Parlaiment), Shri. Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan (Member of Legislative Assembly) & Shri. V. N. Vasavan (Ex. Member of Legislative Assembly) and the Office Bearers of the CSI Madhya Kerala Diocese.
The Valedictory of the Bicentenary will be held during Nov. 11 – 13, 2016, the MAIN PUBLIC EVENT TO BE HELD on Nov. 12, 2016 at the Nehru Stadium, Kottayam.
Photo Courtesy: Mr Shishir Kurian