CSI Bicentenary Youth Centre Dedication
Dear all, With utmost joy we announce that yet another Bicentenary project, named CSI Bicentenary Youth Centre, at Karunya Nagar, Coimbatore, is dedicated. Thanks to the Mission Department of the CSI Madhya Kerala Diocese and the Rev Johnson Alexander and his successor Rev Levin Koshy Mallasseril, who toiled hard to make this possible. Many Parishes outside India and within India contributed toward the same. The first phase of the Centre, which includes a beautiful Chapel and Mission Quarters, was dedicated by the Bishop Rt Rev Thomas K Oommen and Bishop Rt Rev Timothy Ravinder, in the presence of many Clergy and laity, particularly our Youth, studying in Coimbatore.
We believe, any education which does not give emphasis on the spiritual nurturing of our generation would go futile. Therefore, this Centre is hoped to become a place of fellowship and worship, where our diaspora youth, irrespective of any differences could gather and encounter the very presence of God. This was constructed as part of the Projects included in the Bicentenary Celebration, commemmorating the 200 Years, following the arrival of the first CMS Missionary, Rev Thomas Norton, in 1816.